Wisbech grammar students auction teddy bear to raise over £450 for Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- Credit: Archant
Students at Wisbech Grammar School raised £454 for local charity Scotty’s Little Soldiers on their mission to ‘#HelpTheirChildrenSmile’ by holding a raffle.
The raffle prize was ‘Pud Pud’, a teddy bear donated by department store John Lewis. It was awarded to WGS pupil, Oliver.
Pupils and staff also donated £1 for the charities #bobblehatday campaign, getting people to pose for a photo wearing their best bobble hat and raising much needed funds.
A spokesman said: “Scotty’s Little Soldier’s mission is help children smile and this has become a Wisbech Grammar School mission too”.
Pupils from reception class all the way to sixth form supported #bobblehatday by wearing their Christmas jumpers and bobble hats.
You may also want to watch:
Scotty’s Little Soldiers is a charity dedicated to supporting children and young people who have lost a parent whilst serving in the British Armed Forces.
Inspired by the experience of Army widow Nikki Scott following the death of her husband Cpl Lee Scott in Afghanistan in 2009, the charity is currently providing assistance to hundreds of bereaved Forces children around the UK.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family