Wisbech Grammar School pupils celebrate 92 per cent A* to C GCSE grades
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Wisbech Grammar School have been celebrating after 92 per cent achieved all A* to C grades in their GCSEs.
The 92 per cent rate is down from last year’s 95 per cent. However half of all the pupils secured A* to A grades in at least five subjects, and 10 pupils obtained A* to A grades in nine subjects or more.
Eden Cooper of King’s Lynn and Rajveer Sira of Wisbech meach achieved 10 A* grades.
Tarn Chamberlain James of Downham Market and Cassia Lemon of King’s Lynn both achieved nine A*s and one A grade.
Natasha Nicholas of Wisbech achieved seven A*s and three A grades, and Anna Kober of King’s Lynn achieved seven A*s and two A grades.
Headmaster, Mr Chris Staley, said: “These are a fantastic set of GCSE results from a very capable cohort.
“Well over a quarter of the year group were awarded A*s and half of all the results were either A* or A grades, which is a magnificent achievement for the pupils.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
“I am enormously proud of them and the staff and these results are a reward for all the hard work and effort they have put in alongside the unstinting support from their parents.”