Wisbech Grammar School pupils celebrate 92 per cent A* to C GCSE grades
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Wisbech Grammar School have been celebrating after 92 per cent achieved all A* to C grades in their GCSEs.
The 92 per cent rate is down from last year’s 95 per cent. However half of all the pupils secured A* to A grades in at least five subjects, and 10 pupils obtained A* to A grades in nine subjects or more.
Eden Cooper of King’s Lynn and Rajveer Sira of Wisbech meach achieved 10 A* grades.
Tarn Chamberlain James of Downham Market and Cassia Lemon of King’s Lynn both achieved nine A*s and one A grade.
Natasha Nicholas of Wisbech achieved seven A*s and three A grades, and Anna Kober of King’s Lynn achieved seven A*s and two A grades.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster, Mr Chris Staley, said: “These are a fantastic set of GCSE results from a very capable cohort.
“Well over a quarter of the year group were awarded A*s and half of all the results were either A* or A grades, which is a magnificent achievement for the pupils.
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor
“I am enormously proud of them and the staff and these results are a reward for all the hard work and effort they have put in alongside the unstinting support from their parents.”