Wisbech Grammar School pupils celebrate 92 per cent A* to C GCSE grades
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Wisbech Grammar School have been celebrating after 92 per cent achieved all A* to C grades in their GCSEs.
The 92 per cent rate is down from last year’s 95 per cent. However half of all the pupils secured A* to A grades in at least five subjects, and 10 pupils obtained A* to A grades in nine subjects or more.
Eden Cooper of King’s Lynn and Rajveer Sira of Wisbech meach achieved 10 A* grades.
Tarn Chamberlain James of Downham Market and Cassia Lemon of King’s Lynn both achieved nine A*s and one A grade.
Natasha Nicholas of Wisbech achieved seven A*s and three A grades, and Anna Kober of King’s Lynn achieved seven A*s and two A grades.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster, Mr Chris Staley, said: “These are a fantastic set of GCSE results from a very capable cohort.
“Well over a quarter of the year group were awarded A*s and half of all the results were either A* or A grades, which is a magnificent achievement for the pupils.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 3 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
“I am enormously proud of them and the staff and these results are a reward for all the hard work and effort they have put in alongside the unstinting support from their parents.”