Wisbech Grammar School pupil joins Youth Music Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Grammar School pupil is the second from the school to gain a place with the Youth Music Theatre.
Charley Kirby is following in the footsteps of Faye Thompsett, who gained her place in the nationally recognised company last year.
The opportunity will see Charley spending two weeks in Plymouth over the summer with other pupils who made the cut.
She will be working 12 hour days during the rehearsal process and the fortnight will end with performances at the Barbican Theatre in London.
A spokesman from Wisbech Grammar said: “Thousands of young people across the country audition for a part in one of the eight productions that YMT put on each year so it is a huge achievement for Charley.
“She will be keeping herself busy in the meantime by playing Judah in WGS’s production of ‘Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ in June and Pop in KD Productions’ ‘We Will Rock You’ in July.
“We wish her all the very best for all the shows and look forward to hearing all about the experience when she gets back.”
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash