Wisbech Grammar School pupil joins Youth Music Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Grammar School pupil is the second from the school to gain a place with the Youth Music Theatre.
Charley Kirby is following in the footsteps of Faye Thompsett, who gained her place in the nationally recognised company last year.
The opportunity will see Charley spending two weeks in Plymouth over the summer with other pupils who made the cut.
She will be working 12 hour days during the rehearsal process and the fortnight will end with performances at the Barbican Theatre in London.
A spokesman from Wisbech Grammar said: “Thousands of young people across the country audition for a part in one of the eight productions that YMT put on each year so it is a huge achievement for Charley.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be keeping herself busy in the meantime by playing Judah in WGS’s production of ‘Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ in June and Pop in KD Productions’ ‘We Will Rock You’ in July.
“We wish her all the very best for all the shows and look forward to hearing all about the experience when she gets back.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis