Wisbech Grammar School pupil joins Youth Music Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Grammar School pupil is the second from the school to gain a place with the Youth Music Theatre.
Charley Kirby is following in the footsteps of Faye Thompsett, who gained her place in the nationally recognised company last year.
The opportunity will see Charley spending two weeks in Plymouth over the summer with other pupils who made the cut.
She will be working 12 hour days during the rehearsal process and the fortnight will end with performances at the Barbican Theatre in London.
A spokesman from Wisbech Grammar said: “Thousands of young people across the country audition for a part in one of the eight productions that YMT put on each year so it is a huge achievement for Charley.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be keeping herself busy in the meantime by playing Judah in WGS’s production of ‘Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ in June and Pop in KD Productions’ ‘We Will Rock You’ in July.
“We wish her all the very best for all the shows and look forward to hearing all about the experience when she gets back.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening