Wisbech Grammar School mathematician Elliot, 16, among the best young problem solvers in the country
- Credit: Archant
A gifted mathematician at Wisbech Grammar School has proven himself to be one of the nation’s best young problem solvers.
After taking the best in school title with a gold award in the Intermediate Maths Challenge in February, Elliot Young, 16, won a place in the Intermediate Maths Olympiad.
Here, he was awarded a medal for finishing in the top 100 in his fifth form year group in the whole country,
Head of mathematics Geoff Howes said: “To be placed in the top 100 mathematicians in his year group is both a great honour for Elliot and for the school.
“He has worked extremely hard to reach this level and this is a great inspiration for the other pupils.
You may also want to watch:
“This also means that Elliot has a very strong statement about his ability when he comes to complete his application for university in a year’s time.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in