Wisbech Grammar School mathematician Elliot, 16, among the best young problem solvers in the country
- Credit: Archant
A gifted mathematician at Wisbech Grammar School has proven himself to be one of the nation’s best young problem solvers.
After taking the best in school title with a gold award in the Intermediate Maths Challenge in February, Elliot Young, 16, won a place in the Intermediate Maths Olympiad.
Here, he was awarded a medal for finishing in the top 100 in his fifth form year group in the whole country,
Head of mathematics Geoff Howes said: “To be placed in the top 100 mathematicians in his year group is both a great honour for Elliot and for the school.
“He has worked extremely hard to reach this level and this is a great inspiration for the other pupils.
You may also want to watch:
“This also means that Elliot has a very strong statement about his ability when he comes to complete his application for university in a year’s time.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown