Wisbech Grammar School mathematician Elliot, 16, among the best young problem solvers in the country
- Credit: Archant
A gifted mathematician at Wisbech Grammar School has proven himself to be one of the nation’s best young problem solvers.
After taking the best in school title with a gold award in the Intermediate Maths Challenge in February, Elliot Young, 16, won a place in the Intermediate Maths Olympiad.
Here, he was awarded a medal for finishing in the top 100 in his fifth form year group in the whole country,
Head of mathematics Geoff Howes said: “To be placed in the top 100 mathematicians in his year group is both a great honour for Elliot and for the school.
“He has worked extremely hard to reach this level and this is a great inspiration for the other pupils.
You may also want to watch:
“This also means that Elliot has a very strong statement about his ability when he comes to complete his application for university in a year’s time.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign