Wisbech golfer Kasim hoping for fundraising drive with sponsored golf day
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech golfer is looking for support as he aims to help drive funds towards a charity.
Kasim Beetlestone, 31, has organised a golf day to try and raise money for Wish Upon A Star – an organisation that tries to bring smiles to the faces of children living with a life-threatening illness.
Thirty-two players have currently signed up to play in the event at Tydd St Giles Golf Club on Sunday May 8. But Mr Beetlestone and his colleagues at Johnstone’s Paint hope businesses and individuals can sponsor the remaining 16 holes on the course to boost their coffers.
“There’s no fixed price in mind, all we’re looking for is simply a donation to help raise funds,” said the store operations manager at the firm’s Peterborough branch.
“Sponsors details, logos and contact details will be staked to each hole. It will provide great exposure on what should be a great day but more importantly help us raise more money towards what is a fantastic charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We are running this as a Johnstone’s charity event alongside stores in Boston, King’s Lynn and ours in Peterborough. We are hoping to raise as much as possible on a local level. This will then link to other events our region will be working on later in the year. This combined with our others regions in our business we hope to contribute a sizable amount to our chosen charity as a company.”
Mr Beetlestone is aiming to raise in the region of £500-600 from hosting the event. He will take to the first tee with a mixture of staff, customers and friends as they look to help the charity, which has helped more than 16,000 families, grant even more wishes.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to get involved or simply visit www.justgiving.com/Kasim-Beetlestone.