Wisbech golfer Kasim hoping for fundraising drive with sponsored golf day
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech golfer is looking for support as he aims to help drive funds towards a charity.
Kasim Beetlestone, 31, has organised a golf day to try and raise money for Wish Upon A Star – an organisation that tries to bring smiles to the faces of children living with a life-threatening illness.
Thirty-two players have currently signed up to play in the event at Tydd St Giles Golf Club on Sunday May 8. But Mr Beetlestone and his colleagues at Johnstone’s Paint hope businesses and individuals can sponsor the remaining 16 holes on the course to boost their coffers.
“There’s no fixed price in mind, all we’re looking for is simply a donation to help raise funds,” said the store operations manager at the firm’s Peterborough branch.
“Sponsors details, logos and contact details will be staked to each hole. It will provide great exposure on what should be a great day but more importantly help us raise more money towards what is a fantastic charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We are running this as a Johnstone’s charity event alongside stores in Boston, King’s Lynn and ours in Peterborough. We are hoping to raise as much as possible on a local level. This will then link to other events our region will be working on later in the year. This combined with our others regions in our business we hope to contribute a sizable amount to our chosen charity as a company.”
Mr Beetlestone is aiming to raise in the region of £500-600 from hosting the event. He will take to the first tee with a mixture of staff, customers and friends as they look to help the charity, which has helped more than 16,000 families, grant even more wishes.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
E-mail email@example.com for details of how to get involved or simply visit www.justgiving.com/Kasim-Beetlestone.