Glamping firm shows support for MP's Read to Succeed campaign
- Credit: Steve Barclay MP
Steve Barclay has received a generous donation in his bid to get more children reading.
The MP for North East Cambridgeshire’s Read to Succeed campaign received £250 from Wisbech glamping firm ‘Glamping with Llamas’, run by Tina Gambell.
Tina said: “I am passionate about children getting the best from their younger years as a strong head-start to a life of learning.”
Last month, Mr Barclay received £3,000 towards his campaign, which aims to buy a reading book for every Year 4 schoolchild in the constituency.
Mr Barclay said: So many have been so kind that I’m confident we will have raised enough money to buy a new reading book for every Year 4 child to take home for the summer holidays.
“Every year, we get amazing support and with the disruption to schools over the last year, this year’s campaign has captured the imagination.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s theme is Wild World Heroes and hopes to encourage children to stand up for the future of our planet.
Anyone wanting to support the campaign are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in hospital for first time since August