Wisbech girlguides return from Danish adventure
- Credit: Archant
FOUR young girlguides have returned from an unforgettable adventure in Denmark.
The girls, aged 14 to 18, from the Third Wisbech Senior Section group, stayed with host families from a Danish Ranger group during the three day visit and attended both Guide and Senior Section meetings, where they exchanged skills and made friends.
During their adventure the Rangers visited the home of Hans Christian Andersen, delivered a message from the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Vivien MacRae, to the Mayor of Odense and travelled by train to Copenhagen.
In the capital they saw the Little Mermaid in the harbour, climbed to the top of the Round Tower for a fantastic view of the city and looked at the Royal Palace.
Jessica Tolliday, 18, said: “I really enjoyed the trip to Denmark because it gave me a chance to see what guiding is like in a different country and explore a new destination while having great fun.
“We all got a lot out of the trip and were all sad to leave”
All four girls were using the experience to gain their International Octant Certificate as part of the Senior Section programme.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
For more information about girlguiding call 08001 695901 or visit www.girlguiding.org.uk.