Wisbech girlguides return from Danish adventure
- Credit: Archant
FOUR young girlguides have returned from an unforgettable adventure in Denmark.
The girls, aged 14 to 18, from the Third Wisbech Senior Section group, stayed with host families from a Danish Ranger group during the three day visit and attended both Guide and Senior Section meetings, where they exchanged skills and made friends.
During their adventure the Rangers visited the home of Hans Christian Andersen, delivered a message from the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Vivien MacRae, to the Mayor of Odense and travelled by train to Copenhagen.
In the capital they saw the Little Mermaid in the harbour, climbed to the top of the Round Tower for a fantastic view of the city and looked at the Royal Palace.
Jessica Tolliday, 18, said: “I really enjoyed the trip to Denmark because it gave me a chance to see what guiding is like in a different country and explore a new destination while having great fun.
You may also want to watch:
“We all got a lot out of the trip and were all sad to leave”
All four girls were using the experience to gain their International Octant Certificate as part of the Senior Section programme.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
For more information about girlguiding call 08001 695901 or visit www.girlguiding.org.uk.