Wisbech girl, 10, wins new pair of shades in Specsavers design competition
- Credit: Archant
A girl from Wisbech has won first prize in a Specsavers design competition that celebrated National Sunglasses Day held on Wednesday (June 27).
Jessica Rose Austen won the new pair of prescription sunglasses from the Wisbech Specsavers shop.
The competition was aimed at young artists under the age of 12, where they were tasked with designing a brand new pair of shades to celebrate National Sunglasses Day.
Jessica drew a multi-coloured frame with rainbow tinted lenses.
After Lee Smith, the Wisbech store’s assistant manager, chose Jessica’s picture as the winning design, she could pick a free pair of shades.
You may also want to watch:
Jessica chose a pair of red Aurora frames with a brown tint.
Lee said: “We had 15 fantastic entries for the competition, but I loved the eccentricity and colourfulness of Jessica’s picture. It showed real creativity.”
- 1 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
When asked how Specsavers could achieve the rainbow-coloured tint on the lenses, as seen in her drawing, Jessica said: ‘Paint them!’