WISBECH GETS A TASTE OF THE FA CUP AS TROPHY ARRIVES AT FENLAND PARK TOMORROW
THE FA Cup trophy is coming to Wisbech Town Football Club s Fenland Park tomorrow (Friday). The Fenmen are set to play their last ever FA Cup match at the ground on Saturday when they host Mildenhall Town. The ground has been sold to Purple Properties Lt
THE FA Cup trophy is coming to Wisbech Town Football Club's Fenland Park tomorrow (Friday).
The Fenmen are set to play their last ever FA Cup match at the ground on Saturday when they host Mildenhall Town.
The ground has been sold to Purple Properties Ltd, who plan to build 83 houses on the stadium site, and Wisbech will finish their season playing at Outwell before moving to a new £1.2 million at a site off Lynn Road.
At tomorrow's event, which starts at 5.30pm and is open to the public, Wisbech manager Steve Taylor and his players will pose for pictures with the trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Gibbs, Wisbech Town's sponsorship and advertising manager, said: "This will be the first time the FA Cup has ever come to Wisbech and it should be a memorable occasion."
He added: "I had been trying to drum up a bit of publicity about the club and the move from Fenland Park and through a contact I was able to get in touch with the FA and they were only too happy to send down the trophy.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 4 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
"I don't know if the FA are sending down any football stars with the trophy, but they could do.