WISBECH: Get set for the Wisbech Standard wedding fayre - at the Boathouse on November 2
FOR many years the Wisbech Standard and its sister paper the Cambs Times has been staging successful wedding fayres. They ve attracted thousands of visitors in that time, and helped many hundreds of young couples make choices for their weddi
FOR many years the Wisbech Standard and its sister paper the Cambs Times has been staging successful wedding fayres.
They've attracted thousands of visitors in that time, and helped many hundreds of young couples make choices for their wedding day.
Whether it is picking the caterers, the cars or the photographer, the variety of stalls attracted to our shows has made it easier for couples to make up their minds by speaking at first hand to experts in their respective fields.
But on Sunday November 2 there will be an extra-special reason to visit the latest Wisbech Standard Wedding Fayre, for we have been given permission to stage it at the prestigious Boathouse Business Centre in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
This handsome building, nestling by the River Nene, is fully built and will soon be operational.
It is a stunning venue, with superb facilities, a wonderful vista and excellent and close-by car parking - which is why we are confident it will prove a massive hit both for guests and advertisers.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 8 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Not only, however, do we expect the event to attract guests interested in the wedding fayre but Fenland District Council fully expect many to come just to enjoy a peak into the new centre, which will become a focal point of the riverside development.
New housing by the Nene may be stalled because of the housing slump but for the Boathouse it's been full steam ahead as workmen completed the project on time and within budget.
Now it's time to let people know its there - and with a cafe and public rooms also to become available it's bound to be a hot spot for businesses, conferences and events in the coming year.
So make a date NOW to pay the Wisbech Standard Wedding Fayre - and the Boathouse - a visit on November 2.
Whatever your reasons for attending, you will be made most welcome.