WISBECH: Get set for the Wisbech Standard wedding fayre - at the Boathouse on November 2
FOR many years the Wisbech Standard and its sister paper the Cambs Times has been staging successful wedding fayres. They ve attracted thousands of visitors in that time, and helped many hundreds of young couples make choices for their weddi
FOR many years the Wisbech Standard and its sister paper the Cambs Times has been staging successful wedding fayres.
They've attracted thousands of visitors in that time, and helped many hundreds of young couples make choices for their wedding day.
Whether it is picking the caterers, the cars or the photographer, the variety of stalls attracted to our shows has made it easier for couples to make up their minds by speaking at first hand to experts in their respective fields.
But on Sunday November 2 there will be an extra-special reason to visit the latest Wisbech Standard Wedding Fayre, for we have been given permission to stage it at the prestigious Boathouse Business Centre in Wisbech.
This handsome building, nestling by the River Nene, is fully built and will soon be operational.
It is a stunning venue, with superb facilities, a wonderful vista and excellent and close-by car parking - which is why we are confident it will prove a massive hit both for guests and advertisers.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 9 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
Not only, however, do we expect the event to attract guests interested in the wedding fayre but Fenland District Council fully expect many to come just to enjoy a peak into the new centre, which will become a focal point of the riverside development.
New housing by the Nene may be stalled because of the housing slump but for the Boathouse it's been full steam ahead as workmen completed the project on time and within budget.
Now it's time to let people know its there - and with a cafe and public rooms also to become available it's bound to be a hot spot for businesses, conferences and events in the coming year.
So make a date NOW to pay the Wisbech Standard Wedding Fayre - and the Boathouse - a visit on November 2.
Whatever your reasons for attending, you will be made most welcome.