Wisbech St Mary footballer selected for England’s under 16 team
- Credit: Archant
A footballer from Wisbech St Mary has been selected for the England under 16 team.
Lewis Shipley, who is a student at Wisbech Grammar School, will join the team when they play against Croatia in Zagreb in July.
The team will meet for three days of training at Bisham Abbey, National Sports Centre before flying out to Zagreb.
“This is a tremendous achievement for Lewis who will be playing with boys two years older than him,” said a spokesman for the school
“It is a reward for all of the hard work that he is put in over the last few years.”
You may also want to watch:
Lewis is also a member of the Norwich City Academy and plays regularly for their under 15 team.
“We are incredibly proud of Lewis who has worked hard to balance his academic work alongside playing for Norwich City.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
“He has also managed to fit in playing rugby, hockey and cricket for school, as well as competing for the county athletics team.”