Wisbech flower shop wins best dressed window competition
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland is brightening up a shopping street in Wisbech with a festive scene of rustic wildlife which ha won a best dressed window competition.
Sarah Street, who runs Sarah’s Flowers, was handed the trophy for best dressed window with two runner sup also taking credit for their decorative displays.
Sarah said: “We have three windows that we dressed as a winter wonderland.
“One is a Christmas tree with a polar bear and north pole look, the other has barn owls and snowy wildlife, the third is a sleigh and reindeer.
“I’ve been a florist for 27 years and just love it, decorating, making flowers look good, creating displays. I’m lucky to have a job I love.”
Sarah also runs workshops throughout the year and is currently holding wreath workshops where people learn how to get creative in the run up to Christmas.
Highly commended for their windows were the Wisbech Wool Shop and the Cat’s Pyjamas Emporium.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 9 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
The best dressed window competition is organised by the Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce .