Wisbech flower shop wins best dressed window competition
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland is brightening up a shopping street in Wisbech with a festive scene of rustic wildlife which ha won a best dressed window competition.
Sarah Street, who runs Sarah’s Flowers, was handed the trophy for best dressed window with two runner sup also taking credit for their decorative displays.
Sarah said: “We have three windows that we dressed as a winter wonderland.
“One is a Christmas tree with a polar bear and north pole look, the other has barn owls and snowy wildlife, the third is a sleigh and reindeer.
“I’ve been a florist for 27 years and just love it, decorating, making flowers look good, creating displays. I’m lucky to have a job I love.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah also runs workshops throughout the year and is currently holding wreath workshops where people learn how to get creative in the run up to Christmas.
Highly commended for their windows were the Wisbech Wool Shop and the Cat’s Pyjamas Emporium.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The best dressed window competition is organised by the Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce .