Wisbech flower shop wins best dressed window competition
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland is brightening up a shopping street in Wisbech with a festive scene of rustic wildlife which ha won a best dressed window competition.
Sarah Street, who runs Sarah’s Flowers, was handed the trophy for best dressed window with two runner sup also taking credit for their decorative displays.
Sarah said: “We have three windows that we dressed as a winter wonderland.
“One is a Christmas tree with a polar bear and north pole look, the other has barn owls and snowy wildlife, the third is a sleigh and reindeer.
“I’ve been a florist for 27 years and just love it, decorating, making flowers look good, creating displays. I’m lucky to have a job I love.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah also runs workshops throughout the year and is currently holding wreath workshops where people learn how to get creative in the run up to Christmas.
Highly commended for their windows were the Wisbech Wool Shop and the Cat’s Pyjamas Emporium.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 4 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
The best dressed window competition is organised by the Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce .