Wisbech flower shop wins best dressed window competition
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland is brightening up a shopping street in Wisbech with a festive scene of rustic wildlife which ha won a best dressed window competition.
Sarah Street, who runs Sarah’s Flowers, was handed the trophy for best dressed window with two runner sup also taking credit for their decorative displays.
Sarah said: “We have three windows that we dressed as a winter wonderland.
“One is a Christmas tree with a polar bear and north pole look, the other has barn owls and snowy wildlife, the third is a sleigh and reindeer.
“I’ve been a florist for 27 years and just love it, decorating, making flowers look good, creating displays. I’m lucky to have a job I love.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah also runs workshops throughout the year and is currently holding wreath workshops where people learn how to get creative in the run up to Christmas.
Highly commended for their windows were the Wisbech Wool Shop and the Cat’s Pyjamas Emporium.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 10 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
The best dressed window competition is organised by the Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce .