WISBECH: Fire crews enter Padleys in gas tight suits after ammonia leak in early hours
FIRE crews were called to a leak of ammonia at Moy Park, Padleys food packaging factory in Mount Pleasant Road in Wisbech. Two crews from Wisbech, one crew from March, a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe and a hazardous materials unit were in attendance at
FIRE crews were called to a leak of ammonia at Moy Park, Padleys' food packaging factory in Mount Pleasant Road in Wisbech.
Two crews from Wisbech, one crew from March, a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe and a hazardous materials unit were in attendance at the incident in the early hours of Sunday.
Firefighters arrived to find that this was a leak from the compressor unit. The leak was contained to the building and there was not threat to public safety.
Firefighters wearing gas tight suits entered the area to isolate four valves to stop the main leak.
You may also want to watch:
After this a specialist was called to the scene and advised firefighters on three further valves that needed to be isolated. This work was then also completed by crew wearing gas tight suits.
The site was then monitored closely for an hour to ensure everything was working as it should.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 9 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Crews have now left the scene.