Wisbech fire crew go out to sea for ship fire education
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Wisbech took part in a visit to a Russian cargo ship earlier this week.
The trip was held in order for fire crews to improve their knowledge of fires on ships.
The ship transports timber from St Petersburg and collects scrap metal from Wisbech to deliver to Spain.
Ship management allowed fire crews to explore different areas including the engine room, bridgehead, motor room and numerous holds.
Firefighter Jasper Vidot, based at Wisbech, said: “The visit was invaluable in seeing first-hand the numerous fixed installations and fire suppression systems they have at their disposal as well as the location of maps and plans of the ship and their procedures in the event of a fire.
You may also want to watch:
“Both with regards to firefighting and our considerations for use of water and the ship’s stability”, he added.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online