Wisbech family business Shire GB gets £500,000 loan from Lloyds Bank
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech shed manufacturer has brought 30 vehicles to improve its delivery service after securing a £500,000 loan from Lloyds Bank.
Family business Shire GB, established in 1945, hsa used the money from Lloyds Bank’s Commercial Finance team to buy 30 Nissan delivery trucks to transport its products.
Nigel Hamer, finance director of Shire GB, said: “We’ve seen an increased demand for online orders, and investing in our own fleet will help with our expansion in this growing market and consolidate our delivery service.
“Owning vehicles is more cost-effective for us, meaning we’ll be able to further invest in our growing business.”
Mary Murrell, regional manager of Lloyds Bank Commercial Finance, said: “Shire GB makes high quality garden products and has experienced significant growth, as people spend more time in their gardens.
You may also want to watch:
“The e-commerce industry is the fastest growing retail market in Europe, with UK online sales exceeding the £52billion mark last year.”
Shire GB sells sheds, playhouses, summerhouses, log cabins and pet homes through national and independent retailers. It has an annual turnover in excess of £13 million and employs 200 members of staff across its two manufacturing sites in Wisbech and Sutton Bridge.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award