WISBECH: Exam success at grammar school.
STUDENTS at Wisbech Grammar School were today celebrating their success in their GCSE exams. The pupils arrived early at the school tot collect their grades and there was special congratulations to 11 pupils who achieved all A or A* grades. The A*/A pa
STUDENTS at Wisbech Grammar School were today celebrating their success in their GCSE exams.
The pupils arrived early at the school tot collect their grades and there was special congratulations to 11 pupils who achieved all A or A* grades.
The A*/A pass rate was 50 pre cent and 99 per cent of students achieved five A*-C passes including English and Mathematics.
The School recorded a 100 per cent record at grades A-E.
Hannah Redwood and Nilushi Karunaratne, members of last season's all conquering girls' rugby team, achieved a grand slam of 9 A*s each.
Following hard on their heels were Rosie Tasker and Alice Thorpe with 8 A*s and one A apiece.
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 10 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
Headmaster Nick Hammond, said today: "The performance in the GCSEs this year can be summed up in one word: tremendous.
"We are delighted with the performance of all our students, each one has fulfilled their potential and we look forward to them moving on to A level and university."
He added: "Such good results come about when a successful partnership between pupil, school and parents is achieved; all deserve to be congratulated this year.