WISBECH: Exam success at grammar school.
STUDENTS at Wisbech Grammar School were today celebrating their success in their GCSE exams. The pupils arrived early at the school tot collect their grades and there was special congratulations to 11 pupils who achieved all A or A* grades. The A*/A pa
STUDENTS at Wisbech Grammar School were today celebrating their success in their GCSE exams.
The pupils arrived early at the school tot collect their grades and there was special congratulations to 11 pupils who achieved all A or A* grades.
The A*/A pass rate was 50 pre cent and 99 per cent of students achieved five A*-C passes including English and Mathematics.
The School recorded a 100 per cent record at grades A-E.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Redwood and Nilushi Karunaratne, members of last season's all conquering girls' rugby team, achieved a grand slam of 9 A*s each.
Following hard on their heels were Rosie Tasker and Alice Thorpe with 8 A*s and one A apiece.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 3 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
Headmaster Nick Hammond, said today: "The performance in the GCSEs this year can be summed up in one word: tremendous.
"We are delighted with the performance of all our students, each one has fulfilled their potential and we look forward to them moving on to A level and university."
He added: "Such good results come about when a successful partnership between pupil, school and parents is achieved; all deserve to be congratulated this year.