Wisbech care home are joined by nursery pupils to raise funds and awareness for dementia
- Credit: Archant
Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech was host to a Christmas Elf activity day with nursery pupils to raise funds and awareness for families affected by dementia.
Lyncroft staff dressed up as elves and residents were joined by pupils from the Wisbech Day Nursery, who took part in festive activities followed by lunch with the residents.
Jan Davison, home manager, said: “We had an absolutely fantastic Elf Day, the children were thrilled to see the staff all dressed up in their Elf Day costumes.
“The residents loved taking part in the candy cane treasure hunt; I don’t know who was more excited, them or the children!”
The home has been enjoying regular visits from the children and they said to have had a ‘great time taking part in the special Christmas themed activities’.
You may also want to watch:
Rated “Outstading” by OFSTED in September 2015, Wisbech Day Nursery has been established since 2010 and is located close to the town centre of Wisbech. The nursery offers full time and sessional day care for children from birth to school age.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller