Wisbech care home are joined by nursery pupils to raise funds and awareness for dementia
- Credit: Archant
Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech was host to a Christmas Elf activity day with nursery pupils to raise funds and awareness for families affected by dementia.
Lyncroft staff dressed up as elves and residents were joined by pupils from the Wisbech Day Nursery, who took part in festive activities followed by lunch with the residents.
Jan Davison, home manager, said: “We had an absolutely fantastic Elf Day, the children were thrilled to see the staff all dressed up in their Elf Day costumes.
“The residents loved taking part in the candy cane treasure hunt; I don’t know who was more excited, them or the children!”
The home has been enjoying regular visits from the children and they said to have had a ‘great time taking part in the special Christmas themed activities’.
You may also want to watch:
Rated “Outstading” by OFSTED in September 2015, Wisbech Day Nursery has been established since 2010 and is located close to the town centre of Wisbech. The nursery offers full time and sessional day care for children from birth to school age.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare