Wisbech care home are joined by nursery pupils to raise funds and awareness for dementia
- Credit: Archant
Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech was host to a Christmas Elf activity day with nursery pupils to raise funds and awareness for families affected by dementia.
Lyncroft staff dressed up as elves and residents were joined by pupils from the Wisbech Day Nursery, who took part in festive activities followed by lunch with the residents.
Jan Davison, home manager, said: “We had an absolutely fantastic Elf Day, the children were thrilled to see the staff all dressed up in their Elf Day costumes.
“The residents loved taking part in the candy cane treasure hunt; I don’t know who was more excited, them or the children!”
The home has been enjoying regular visits from the children and they said to have had a ‘great time taking part in the special Christmas themed activities’.
You may also want to watch:
Rated “Outstading” by OFSTED in September 2015, Wisbech Day Nursery has been established since 2010 and is located close to the town centre of Wisbech. The nursery offers full time and sessional day care for children from birth to school age.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer