Wisbech duo looking for funds to launch podcast game
- Credit: Archant
Two Wisbech men have started an IndieGoGo campaign to help raise £500 for a new podcast game based around films, video games, music, comic books and TV shows.
The podcast will be based around popular culture and feature ‘arguments about everything and nothing’.
Josh Watmore, of the duo, said: “We are two friends that work together in a factory everyday, but like a lot of other people we have bigger hopes and dreams.
“One of the hosts loves to draw and write manga and the other is a budding stand-up comedian.
“At the moment we try to find new ways to make the day pass by quicker, after a year of playing games based around films, video games, music, comic books and TV shows.
You may also want to watch:
“We started to play it at home with other friends and people seem to enjoy playing. It is now a weekly game we play with anyone who thinks they know a thing or two about a thing or two.
“We would love to use this podcast to help bring together a community of people in our area who may not always let their geek flags fly.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The layout for the game is: six questions about anything in pop culture and each player argues for why their answer is the best answer. Then based on the results we a final round is played; the game changes from week to week.”
Mr Watmore added: “We feel as if this could do some good in Wisbech, bringing like-minded people together.
“All we are asking is for small donations from people to help us get off the ground.”
Their target is £500, which will be used to purchase podcasting equipment and updating their website making it easier to navigate and use.
To help support the podcast, visit https://igg.me/at/popcultureclash/x/13723651