Wisbech duo looking for funds to launch podcast game
- Credit: Archant
Two Wisbech men have started an IndieGoGo campaign to help raise £500 for a new podcast game based around films, video games, music, comic books and TV shows.
The podcast will be based around popular culture and feature ‘arguments about everything and nothing’.
Josh Watmore, of the duo, said: “We are two friends that work together in a factory everyday, but like a lot of other people we have bigger hopes and dreams.
“One of the hosts loves to draw and write manga and the other is a budding stand-up comedian.
“At the moment we try to find new ways to make the day pass by quicker, after a year of playing games based around films, video games, music, comic books and TV shows.
“We started to play it at home with other friends and people seem to enjoy playing. It is now a weekly game we play with anyone who thinks they know a thing or two about a thing or two.
“We would love to use this podcast to help bring together a community of people in our area who may not always let their geek flags fly.”
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 7 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 8 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 9 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
The layout for the game is: six questions about anything in pop culture and each player argues for why their answer is the best answer. Then based on the results we a final round is played; the game changes from week to week.”
Mr Watmore added: “We feel as if this could do some good in Wisbech, bringing like-minded people together.
“All we are asking is for small donations from people to help us get off the ground.”
Their target is £500, which will be used to purchase podcasting equipment and updating their website making it easier to navigate and use.
To help support the podcast, visit https://igg.me/at/popcultureclash/x/13723651