Shoplifting, drug deals and drunks - ‘I saw it all in just one morning in Wisbech’
- Credit: Archant
A woman has described her morning in Wisbech during which she overheard two people chatting about shoplifting plans, watched a drug deal going down, saw another buying stolen goods and saw another man “drunk out of his head”.
The post on a Wisbech Facebook page is already attracting huge interest.
The woman described her day, beginning with her original idea of having breakfast at a local café.
“That was closed so we walked around to Terry’s and sat outside to eat,” she wrote.
“If I’d have been a policeman sitting there my ears and eyes would be in overdrive.
You may also want to watch:
“One person says to the other - have you starting lifting yet, the reply was not yet just on my way, only need £20 worth a day and they don’t chase you for an item less than £10.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
•Watched ‘an English guy going to buy shoplifted stuff from a couple of EE guys’
•Watched ‘a drug deal happen with a guy sitting waiting and a guy came around on his bike’.
•Watched ‘one EE guy drunk out of his head drinking on the bench but he did put his can in the bin’
• Watched ‘a drunk who could hardly walk carry his ‘water’ bottle and walk off to Church Mews to relieve himself (at this point we were walking to Beales).’
She added: “Thank goodness we didn’t have a ‘mega’ breakfast.”
However the consolation was “no anti-social behaviour in St Peter’s gardens, Carlisle garden or around the Crescent/”
One other resident posted: “I was just going into the chemist near Beales when a woman coming out dropped some sunglasses.
“After a few Anglo Saxon oaths she said that she was upset as she had ‘paid a lot of money for them’
“Her friends laughed at her then she said that they were bloody expensive.....even though she had pinched them.”