Three investigated for drugs offences after stop searches in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Three people are being investigated for drugs offences in Wisbech including possession with intent to supply.
Several stop searches were conducted as part of Operation Cippus, which targets drug dealing in the area.
Officers were out in force on Friday night (February 21) utilising the intelligence they have been receiving to target specific locations and individuals.
Police are urging people to continue to submit intelligence to them as "Operation CIPPUS will continue and you may provide the final piece of the puzzle".
The message of the operation, as posted on the Facebook page Policing Fenland, is #NotOnOurPatch.
You may also want to watch:
The law states: you can get a fine or prison sentence if you: take drugs, carry drugs, make drugs, sell, deal or share drugs (also called 'supplying' them)
The penalties depend on the type of drug or substance, the amount someone has, and whether they are also dealing or producing it.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer