Men ‘acting suspiciously’ on midnight run arrested after police discover ‘four blue tablets’
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were seen “acting suspiciously” in Wisbech - including going for a run at midnight - were arrested after police found “four blue tablets” during a late-night stop search.
Officers were on patrol at around midnight on Saturday, April 18 when they saw two men acting suspiciously in the Norwich Road area.
“One of the men had decided to go for a run,” police said, adding that “he may have been doing his daily exercise at 00:35 hrs.
“The other male was stopped and searched under Section 1 of PACE.
“During the search, four blue tablets were found and we can safely say they are not smarties.
You may also want to watch:
“The male was arrested by officers. The other male then came back and he too was searched, but nothing was found on him.”
The man in his 20s was subsequently de-arrested but enquiries will continue once the tablets have been tested.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
Police have since issued simple advice on their Facebook page Policing Fenland: “StayAtHome and you will not get arrested.”