Men ‘acting suspiciously’ on midnight run arrested after police discover ‘four blue tablets’
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were seen “acting suspiciously” in Wisbech - including going for a run at midnight - were arrested after police found “four blue tablets” during a late-night stop search.
Officers were on patrol at around midnight on Saturday, April 18 when they saw two men acting suspiciously in the Norwich Road area.
“One of the men had decided to go for a run,” police said, adding that “he may have been doing his daily exercise at 00:35 hrs.
“The other male was stopped and searched under Section 1 of PACE.
“During the search, four blue tablets were found and we can safely say they are not smarties.
You may also want to watch:
“The male was arrested by officers. The other male then came back and he too was searched, but nothing was found on him.”
The man in his 20s was subsequently de-arrested but enquiries will continue once the tablets have been tested.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
Police have since issued simple advice on their Facebook page Policing Fenland: “StayAtHome and you will not get arrested.”