Men ‘acting suspiciously’ on midnight run arrested after police discover ‘four blue tablets’
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were seen “acting suspiciously” in Wisbech - including going for a run at midnight - were arrested after police found “four blue tablets” during a late-night stop search.
Officers were on patrol at around midnight on Saturday, April 18 when they saw two men acting suspiciously in the Norwich Road area.
“One of the men had decided to go for a run,” police said, adding that “he may have been doing his daily exercise at 00:35 hrs.
“The other male was stopped and searched under Section 1 of PACE.
“During the search, four blue tablets were found and we can safely say they are not smarties.
You may also want to watch:
“The male was arrested by officers. The other male then came back and he too was searched, but nothing was found on him.”
The man in his 20s was subsequently de-arrested but enquiries will continue once the tablets have been tested.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
Police have since issued simple advice on their Facebook page Policing Fenland: “StayAtHome and you will not get arrested.”