Man who overturned car faces drink driving and five other charges
- Credit: Archant
A man who was over the limit when he toppled his car in Wisbech on Sunday – fleeing after it overturned near a busy junction – is facing five other charges.
Police revealed that the man will face criminal damage and assault charges in addition to driving whilst unfit through drink.
And when they checked they found he was driving without a licence, without insurance and the sixth charge alleges he failed to stop after an accident.
He has been bailed to appear before Peterborough magistrates. The crash happened on Lynn Road.
The driver of the blue saloon river of the blue saloon that overturned was written off after he crashed and overturned near traffic lights. The fire and ambulance services attended.
You may also want to watch:
One resident said the man got out of the car unaided and was arrested by police who confronted him in nearby Ollard Avenue.
And another driver who was stopped later in Tinkers Drove– and according to police “fell out of his car” - later tested positive and has been charged with driving over the limit. He, too, will make his first appearance before the same court,
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
“He was seen to fall out of his vehicle on Tinkers Drove, Wisbech this afternoon,” said the police spokesman.