Man who overturned car faces drink driving and five other charges
- Credit: Archant
A man who was over the limit when he toppled his car in Wisbech on Sunday – fleeing after it overturned near a busy junction – is facing five other charges.
Police revealed that the man will face criminal damage and assault charges in addition to driving whilst unfit through drink.
And when they checked they found he was driving without a licence, without insurance and the sixth charge alleges he failed to stop after an accident.
He has been bailed to appear before Peterborough magistrates. The crash happened on Lynn Road.
The driver of the blue saloon river of the blue saloon that overturned was written off after he crashed and overturned near traffic lights. The fire and ambulance services attended.
You may also want to watch:
One resident said the man got out of the car unaided and was arrested by police who confronted him in nearby Ollard Avenue.
And another driver who was stopped later in Tinkers Drove– and according to police “fell out of his car” - later tested positive and has been charged with driving over the limit. He, too, will make his first appearance before the same court,
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
“He was seen to fall out of his vehicle on Tinkers Drove, Wisbech this afternoon,” said the police spokesman.