Man who overturned car faces drink driving and five other charges
- Credit: Archant
A man who was over the limit when he toppled his car in Wisbech on Sunday – fleeing after it overturned near a busy junction – is facing five other charges.
Police revealed that the man will face criminal damage and assault charges in addition to driving whilst unfit through drink.
And when they checked they found he was driving without a licence, without insurance and the sixth charge alleges he failed to stop after an accident.
He has been bailed to appear before Peterborough magistrates. The crash happened on Lynn Road.
The driver of the blue saloon river of the blue saloon that overturned was written off after he crashed and overturned near traffic lights. The fire and ambulance services attended.
One resident said the man got out of the car unaided and was arrested by police who confronted him in nearby Ollard Avenue.
And another driver who was stopped later in Tinkers Drove– and according to police “fell out of his car” - later tested positive and has been charged with driving over the limit. He, too, will make his first appearance before the same court,
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
“He was seen to fall out of his vehicle on Tinkers Drove, Wisbech this afternoon,” said the police spokesman.