Man who overturned car faces drink driving and five other charges
- Credit: Archant
A man who was over the limit when he toppled his car in Wisbech on Sunday – fleeing after it overturned near a busy junction – is facing five other charges.
Police revealed that the man will face criminal damage and assault charges in addition to driving whilst unfit through drink.
And when they checked they found he was driving without a licence, without insurance and the sixth charge alleges he failed to stop after an accident.
He has been bailed to appear before Peterborough magistrates. The crash happened on Lynn Road.
The driver of the blue saloon river of the blue saloon that overturned was written off after he crashed and overturned near traffic lights. The fire and ambulance services attended.
You may also want to watch:
One resident said the man got out of the car unaided and was arrested by police who confronted him in nearby Ollard Avenue.
And another driver who was stopped later in Tinkers Drove– and according to police “fell out of his car” - later tested positive and has been charged with driving over the limit. He, too, will make his first appearance before the same court,
- 1 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
“He was seen to fall out of his vehicle on Tinkers Drove, Wisbech this afternoon,” said the police spokesman.