Vintage vehicles take to the road for annual rally
- Credit: Archant
The popular annual Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club’s road run saw around 180 vehicles spanning generations take part.
Heritage vehicle fans watch at strategic points along the route to wave them as they pass, while others enjoy the gathering at the end of the route to browse cars and stalls.
The rally run begins and ends in Somers Road car park in Wisbech, with the vehicles heading off to Peterborough via Long Sutton and Market Deeping then returning for the popular afternoon static show via Whittlesey, Coates and Wisbech St Mary.
Vintage vehicle owners travel from far and wide to take part, including a regular who makes the trip up from Oxford every year to get involved.
All money raised from the day is given out to local charities including the air ambulance, at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that the latest day will match last year’s total of more than £1,000.
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000