Vintage vehicles take to the road for annual rally
- Credit: Archant
The popular annual Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club’s road run saw around 180 vehicles spanning generations take part.
Heritage vehicle fans watch at strategic points along the route to wave them as they pass, while others enjoy the gathering at the end of the route to browse cars and stalls.
The rally run begins and ends in Somers Road car park in Wisbech, with the vehicles heading off to Peterborough via Long Sutton and Market Deeping then returning for the popular afternoon static show via Whittlesey, Coates and Wisbech St Mary.
Vintage vehicle owners travel from far and wide to take part, including a regular who makes the trip up from Oxford every year to get involved.
All money raised from the day is given out to local charities including the air ambulance, at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that the latest day will match last year’s total of more than £1,000.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 3 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 9 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 10 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week