Vintage vehicles take to the road for annual rally
- Credit: Archant
The popular annual Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club’s road run saw around 180 vehicles spanning generations take part.
Heritage vehicle fans watch at strategic points along the route to wave them as they pass, while others enjoy the gathering at the end of the route to browse cars and stalls.
The rally run begins and ends in Somers Road car park in Wisbech, with the vehicles heading off to Peterborough via Long Sutton and Market Deeping then returning for the popular afternoon static show via Whittlesey, Coates and Wisbech St Mary.
Vintage vehicle owners travel from far and wide to take part, including a regular who makes the trip up from Oxford every year to get involved.
All money raised from the day is given out to local charities including the air ambulance, at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that the latest day will match last year’s total of more than £1,000.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Emporium takes business to next level
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages