Third arrest made in connection with large-scale disorder
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old man is the third person to have been arrested following a large-scale disorder in Wisbech.
He was arrested in Wisbech this morning (Tuesday September 22) in connection with disorder in the town on Wednesday September 16.
He is currently in custody at the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in King’s Lynn.
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) were on patrol in the area of Norfolk Street at about 7.30pm on Wednesday when disorder involving at least 30 people broke out.
A man in his 50s was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries and three other men suffered minor injuries which did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Two 16-year-old boys were arrested in Wisbech on Friday September 18 on suspicion of violent disorder. Both have been bailed to return to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in King’s Lynn on October 12.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide