Third arrest made in connection with large-scale disorder
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old man is the third person to have been arrested following a large-scale disorder in Wisbech.
He was arrested in Wisbech this morning (Tuesday September 22) in connection with disorder in the town on Wednesday September 16.
He is currently in custody at the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in King’s Lynn.
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) were on patrol in the area of Norfolk Street at about 7.30pm on Wednesday when disorder involving at least 30 people broke out.
A man in his 50s was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries and three other men suffered minor injuries which did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Two 16-year-old boys were arrested in Wisbech on Friday September 18 on suspicion of violent disorder. Both have been bailed to return to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in King’s Lynn on October 12.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
- 8 Linnets pair join neighbours on loan
- 9 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 10 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit