Glamorous life on the ocean wave for performer from Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A talented singer from Wisbech has taken to the high seas in a big break of his career onboard one of the largest fleets of cruise ships in the UK.
Joseph Mason-Smith was recruited for the Marella Cruises’ Discovery 2 in April following nationwide auditions.
The former Thomas Clarkson Academy student will take the lead in new show ‘Nashville Nights’ as well as performing several solos, including Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkel.
Joseph, who has just completed 10 weeks of rehearsals in preparation for his twice nightly shows onboard, said: “This will be my third cruise, but my first with Marella, so I am incredibly excited.
“The whole process has been really enjoyable, especially the last 10 weeks where myself and the team have literally lived and worked together 24/7 to get all the shows ready.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been very demanding but I have enjoyed every minute and can’t wait to become part of the Marella team.”
Joseph was recruited by Yorkshire based Peel Entertainment for Marella Cruises Entertainment, who are famous for their West End style shows.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
They have helped launch many young people’s careers in the entertainment industry, including Cleopatra Joseph and Joseph Fletcher, who are both currently starring in West End productions.
The full onboard entertainment team, comprising of 12 accomplished singers and dancers drawn from all over Europe, are now performance ready.
They will present their impressive itinerary of 11 shows, which they will perform twice nightly on a consecutive two week rotation, throughout the year-long tour onboard Discovery 2, which sailed from Corfu on September 7.
To follow Joseph’s journey onboard the Marella Discovery 2 visit www.facebook.com/peeltalent