Glamorous life on the ocean wave for performer from Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A talented singer from Wisbech has taken to the high seas in a big break of his career onboard one of the largest fleets of cruise ships in the UK.
Joseph Mason-Smith was recruited for the Marella Cruises’ Discovery 2 in April following nationwide auditions.
The former Thomas Clarkson Academy student will take the lead in new show ‘Nashville Nights’ as well as performing several solos, including Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkel.
Joseph, who has just completed 10 weeks of rehearsals in preparation for his twice nightly shows onboard, said: “This will be my third cruise, but my first with Marella, so I am incredibly excited.
“The whole process has been really enjoyable, especially the last 10 weeks where myself and the team have literally lived and worked together 24/7 to get all the shows ready.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been very demanding but I have enjoyed every minute and can’t wait to become part of the Marella team.”
Joseph was recruited by Yorkshire based Peel Entertainment for Marella Cruises Entertainment, who are famous for their West End style shows.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
They have helped launch many young people’s careers in the entertainment industry, including Cleopatra Joseph and Joseph Fletcher, who are both currently starring in West End productions.
The full onboard entertainment team, comprising of 12 accomplished singers and dancers drawn from all over Europe, are now performance ready.
They will present their impressive itinerary of 11 shows, which they will perform twice nightly on a consecutive two week rotation, throughout the year-long tour onboard Discovery 2, which sailed from Corfu on September 7.
To follow Joseph’s journey onboard the Marella Discovery 2 visit www.facebook.com/peeltalent