WISBECH: Creative cake maker wins a coveted prize in live competition final
CREATIVE cake maker Paula Macleod has won a coveted prize in the live final of an international competition beating off stiff competition from all over the world. Paula s Christmas With A Twist cake won admiration from a panel of expert judges at the fi
CREATIVE cake maker Paula Macleod has won a coveted prize in the live final of an international competition beating off stiff competition from all over the world.
Paula's 'Christmas With A Twist' cake won admiration from a panel of expert judges at the final of the PME & British Sugar Icecraft Trophy at Birmingham's NEC on Sunday.
She was delighted to be awarded third prize and her winning effort takes pride of place in the window of her Creative Cake Company shop in Market Street, Wisbech.
Although Paula is a regular award winner this is the first time she has gone through the tense experience of working from scratch before a panel of judges.
She cut and sculptured her Maderia cake into two palm trees with a sunbathing Father Christmas and Rudolph with his shades on.
She said: "I thought there are lots of people who would rather be somewhere different at Christmas, somewhere hot and tropical, so I decided to do Santa on holiday after Christmas Day."
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 7 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 8 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
The first prize winner from Israel created a two-tier fairy sitting on a toadstool cake and the second prize cake was in the form of a dog. The rather special Christmas cake would normally sell for around £60 but Paula is so delighted with her good news she is offering it for a special price of £35.