WISBECH: Court hears would-be burglar handed keys for Luxe Cinema to police
WOULD-be burglar Nicholas Stevens handed over a set of keys for the Wisbech Luxe Cinema when he was arrested. Stevens had acted as a look-out when someone else tried to break into the new cinema in Alexandra Road, and was also found in possession of a jem
WOULD-be burglar Nicholas Stevens handed over a set of keys for the Wisbech Luxe Cinema when he was arrested.
Stevens had acted as a look-out when someone else tried to break into the new cinema in Alexandra Road, and was also found in possession of a jemmy, a screw driver, gloves and a multi-tool.
The keys of the cinema had gone missing the day before the attempted break-in, prosecutor Scheherazade Haque explained at Wisbech courthouse.
Owner Burleigh Ibbott was in the cinema on May 25 when the door was interfered with, she said.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier the same day, Stevens and another person were seen on CCTV as they tried to empty a cash box in a public telephone box.
"The males then put on gloves and travelled to the Luxe Cinema, where they interfered with the door," she told District Judge Ken Sheraton.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
Stevens, 23, of Norfolk Street, Wisbech, admitted attempting to steal cash belonging to British Telecom, and attempting to burgle the cinema with intent to steal.
Stevens was ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and pay �60 costs, and items handed over to police were forfeited.