Wisbech couple who share same birthday celebrate Diamond wedding anniversary
A COUPLE who share the same birthday have been celebrating together again after completing 60 years of marriage.
Frank and June Hammond, of Petts Close, Wisbech were both born on August 11, albeit four years apart.
The couple, who met at a dance in their home town of Bedworth, Warwickshire in 1949, celebrated their Diamond wedding anniversary on December 22.
They married at Bedworth Baptist Church in 1951 and moved to the Capital of the Fens about two years later.
June, 79, worked as a nurse while Frank, 83, worked for Spillers but was with Metalbox when he retired.
You may also want to watch:
They have two sons, Michael and David, both of Wisbech, three grandchildren, one step granddaughter and two great grandchildren.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 6 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments