Wisbech couple to appear in <i>Emmerdale</i> ad campaign for tombola.co.uk
A FENLAND couple will this week enjoy five minutes of fame when they appear in a new sponsorship campaign during ITV hit soap Emmerdale. Mark and Sarah Overall, of Wisbech, feature as part of the new sponsorship deal by online bingo site, tombola.co.uk. T
A FENLAND couple will this week enjoy five minutes of fame when they appear in a new sponsorship campaign during ITV hit soap Emmerdale.
Mark and Sarah Overall, of Wisbech, feature as part of the new sponsorship deal by online bingo site, tombola.co.uk.
The deal runs until January 2011 and includes broadcast sponsorship on ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and online at itv.com/emmerdale - exposing 46-year-old Mark and 37-year-old Sarah to audiences of around six-and-a-half million people across the UK.
The idents or 'break bumpers' were filmed earlier this month at a London studio after tombola.co.uk put an appeal on its website for players to be a part of their sponsorship deal.
You may also want to watch:
Mark said: "It was actually Sarah's idea and I just followed on. We really didn't expect to get through, but it turned out to be a fantastic experience.
"It was really interesting to see behind the scenes of something like this. Everyone was really friendly and there was a real fun atmosphere."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
Dawn Clayton, marketing manager for tombola.co.uk, said: "It was easy to forget that Mark and Sarah had never done anything like this before as they really went for it in front of camera."
More than 100 tombola.co.uk players took part in filming and each individual will be seen for a few seconds, either at the start of the show or at the start or end of the break of one of the show.