Wisbech couple to appear in <i>Emmerdale</i> ad campaign for tombola.co.uk
A FENLAND couple will this week enjoy five minutes of fame when they appear in a new sponsorship campaign during ITV hit soap Emmerdale. Mark and Sarah Overall, of Wisbech, feature as part of the new sponsorship deal by online bingo site, tombola.co.uk. T
A FENLAND couple will this week enjoy five minutes of fame when they appear in a new sponsorship campaign during ITV hit soap Emmerdale.
Mark and Sarah Overall, of Wisbech, feature as part of the new sponsorship deal by online bingo site, tombola.co.uk.
The deal runs until January 2011 and includes broadcast sponsorship on ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and online at itv.com/emmerdale - exposing 46-year-old Mark and 37-year-old Sarah to audiences of around six-and-a-half million people across the UK.
The idents or 'break bumpers' were filmed earlier this month at a London studio after tombola.co.uk put an appeal on its website for players to be a part of their sponsorship deal.
Mark said: "It was actually Sarah's idea and I just followed on. We really didn't expect to get through, but it turned out to be a fantastic experience.
"It was really interesting to see behind the scenes of something like this. Everyone was really friendly and there was a real fun atmosphere."
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
Dawn Clayton, marketing manager for tombola.co.uk, said: "It was easy to forget that Mark and Sarah had never done anything like this before as they really went for it in front of camera."
More than 100 tombola.co.uk players took part in filming and each individual will be seen for a few seconds, either at the start of the show or at the start or end of the break of one of the show.