Wisbech couple to appear in <i>Emmerdale</i> ad campaign for tombola.co.uk
A FENLAND couple will this week enjoy five minutes of fame when they appear in a new sponsorship campaign during ITV hit soap Emmerdale. Mark and Sarah Overall, of Wisbech, feature as part of the new sponsorship deal by online bingo site, tombola.co.uk. T
A FENLAND couple will this week enjoy five minutes of fame when they appear in a new sponsorship campaign during ITV hit soap Emmerdale.
Mark and Sarah Overall, of Wisbech, feature as part of the new sponsorship deal by online bingo site, tombola.co.uk.
The deal runs until January 2011 and includes broadcast sponsorship on ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and online at itv.com/emmerdale - exposing 46-year-old Mark and 37-year-old Sarah to audiences of around six-and-a-half million people across the UK.
The idents or 'break bumpers' were filmed earlier this month at a London studio after tombola.co.uk put an appeal on its website for players to be a part of their sponsorship deal.
Mark said: "It was actually Sarah's idea and I just followed on. We really didn't expect to get through, but it turned out to be a fantastic experience.
"It was really interesting to see behind the scenes of something like this. Everyone was really friendly and there was a real fun atmosphere."
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
Dawn Clayton, marketing manager for tombola.co.uk, said: "It was easy to forget that Mark and Sarah had never done anything like this before as they really went for it in front of camera."
More than 100 tombola.co.uk players took part in filming and each individual will be seen for a few seconds, either at the start of the show or at the start or end of the break of one of the show.