Wisbech couple realise their wedding is on the same day as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech couple will share their special day with the Royals forever after realising they are tying the knot on the same day as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
As the world watches the wedding of the year at Windsor Castle, Rose Wells and Corporal Andy Reeve will be closely following the celebrations on TV, as they prepare for their military marriage at the town’s Grade I listed parish church founded in the 12th century.
Rose, 52, said: “At first when I realised it was on the same day I was a bit deflated because I thought, oh no everybody is going to be more interested in the Royal couple.
“But then I quickly realised actually this was something to celebrate.
“Because every year when the Royals have their anniversary so will we, what a great memory.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple will get married on Saturday May 19 at 4pm at St Peter and Paul’s Church in the town centre.
Rose said; “I imagine the Royal wedding will be much earlier so hopefully I can watch it as I get ready having my hair and make up done, but mustn’t get too engrossed and run late!”
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
- 10 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
Cpl Reeve,47, a mechanic with RAF Marham, popped the question at a family party last summer.
He had been away for four months serving in Falklands.
On his return a party was held to celebrate and he waited until half way through before getting down on one knee and popping the question.
The couple met in 2011. Andy lived in Norwich and Rose in Peterborough and last year they chose Wisbech as their home as it was a halfway point between the two cities making it ideal for both of their jobs and family.
Mum of four Rose will be given away by her twin brother John.
Walking her down the aisle will be her two older sons Matthew and Richard Bennett, while her daughter Lucy Bennett will be bridesmaid.
Her youngest son Jamie Bennett is one of the ushers.
Also attending as bridesmaids will be Rose’s niece Ellie Edis and sister Beverley Wells.
For Andy, who will be tying the knot in his RAF uniform, it will be his first marriage.
His best men are Jon Radcliffe and Ollie.
Rose said: “I’m told that after our reception at the church hall next door our honeymoon is at Clacton, but I’m not sure if that is just a joke!”