Wisbech couple get recognition after transforming their lives by impressive weight loss
- Credit: Archant
A couple from Wisbech were nominated for a national award after losing almost 7st between them.
Cara and Paul Holt, who attend the Wisbech Slimming World group, were one of 23 couples from across the UK and Ireland to reach the finals of Slimming World’s Couple of the Year 2015.
Mr Holt said: “We feel honoured to have been chosen to represent our group and we were absolutely delighted to take part in the finals.
“If I’m honest though, the competition is really just the icing on the cake because we already feel like we’ve won the biggest prize anyway – losing weight has completely changed our lives and we’ve got a healthier future together now.”
Tina Rust, who runs the Wisbech Slimming World group, said: “I’m so proud of them both. The way they motivate and inspire one another as well as the other members in the group – and me – is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Now I hope they’ll show even more people what’s possible at Slimming World and inspire other couples who want to slim down to become happier and healthier in the same way that they’ve done.”
The Wisbech group meets every Monday at 7.30pm at The Rosmini Centre, Queens Road. For more information, call 07798 894639
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience