Wisbech couple get recognition after transforming their lives by impressive weight loss
- Credit: Archant
A couple from Wisbech were nominated for a national award after losing almost 7st between them.
Cara and Paul Holt, who attend the Wisbech Slimming World group, were one of 23 couples from across the UK and Ireland to reach the finals of Slimming World’s Couple of the Year 2015.
Mr Holt said: “We feel honoured to have been chosen to represent our group and we were absolutely delighted to take part in the finals.
“If I’m honest though, the competition is really just the icing on the cake because we already feel like we’ve won the biggest prize anyway – losing weight has completely changed our lives and we’ve got a healthier future together now.”
Tina Rust, who runs the Wisbech Slimming World group, said: “I’m so proud of them both. The way they motivate and inspire one another as well as the other members in the group – and me – is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Now I hope they’ll show even more people what’s possible at Slimming World and inspire other couples who want to slim down to become happier and healthier in the same way that they’ve done.”
The Wisbech group meets every Monday at 7.30pm at The Rosmini Centre, Queens Road. For more information, call 07798 894639
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year