Wisbech-based Agrimech scoops customer service award at national ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech-based agricultural machinery manufacturing firm has scooped the top award at a national ceremony.
Agrimech won the Customer Service Award at the Processing and Packaging Machinery Association ceremony at the NEC in Birmingham.
The company, which specialises in automated weighing, bagging and palletising machinery, started as a support service for other manufacturers’ equipment.
Darren Smith, company founder, said: “Everything we supply is built on our premises, so we know exactly what it is.
“All our staff is trained to fully understand how it works - it’s a real team effort.
“We take enormous pride in the quality of our products and knowing that users are happy with them and the support we provide, so this recognition is hugely important.
“We recognise that it takes a long time to build a good reputation, and it can be lost in the blink of an eye.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
“The passion and dedication shown by our staff is second to none, so I’m delighted for every single one of them that their work has been recognised like this.”