Wisbech comic club leader delighted after magazine wins national award
A MAGAZINE editor, who runs a comic club at Orchards Primary School in Wisbech, is celebrating after winning a top national award.
Terry Martin edits and publishes ‘Murky Depths’ magazine, which has been named as the Best Magazine at the British Fantasy Awards 2010.
He also teaches children at Orchards Primary School, running after school art and comic clubs.
‘Murky Depths’ magazine, which Terry describes as, “a mix of science-fiction, horror and the fantastic”, combines comics with prose and has been running for three years.
He said: “I’m delighted. It was an incredible shock as we were up against magazines that have been around for a long while. It was an honour just to be nominated.
“As far as I know there is no other magazine in the country that mixes the prose and the illustrations like we do.”
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery