Wisbech comic club leader delighted after magazine wins national award
A MAGAZINE editor, who runs a comic club at Orchards Primary School in Wisbech, is celebrating after winning a top national award.
Terry Martin edits and publishes ‘Murky Depths’ magazine, which has been named as the Best Magazine at the British Fantasy Awards 2010.
He also teaches children at Orchards Primary School, running after school art and comic clubs.
‘Murky Depths’ magazine, which Terry describes as, “a mix of science-fiction, horror and the fantastic”, combines comics with prose and has been running for three years.
He said: “I’m delighted. It was an incredible shock as we were up against magazines that have been around for a long while. It was an honour just to be nominated.
You may also want to watch:
“As far as I know there is no other magazine in the country that mixes the prose and the illustrations like we do.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund