Wisbech crash: Air ambulance called after people injured in two vehicle collision at Lynn Road
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance was called after people were injured in a two-vehicle collision in Wisbech.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at 2.23pm on Tuesday to reports of a two-vehicle collision. The road was blocked just after the incident.
“No-one was trapped but people were injured, there was a closure at the roundabout at the A47 and the air ambulance attended the scene.
“The road was closed at Burrett Road at its junction with Lynn Road.
“A number of casualties were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was re-opened at 5.03pm and a recovery vehicle was on the scene at 4.30pm.”
For those unfamiliar with the area the crash scene is down from West Walton mini roundabout.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Fire crews and police and ambulances are still at the scene.