Wisbech college students exhibit art and design work at Light Cinema
- Credit: Archant
Art and design students from the College of West Anglia (CWA) are currently exhibiting work at the Light Cinema in Wisbech.
The exhibition comprises of pieces that have been inspired by film and book imagery and includes a number of art mediums such as sculpture, costume and painting.
Maggie Hodgkiss, a level 3 student, has produced work that reflects on Alice in Wonderland using collage, painting and model making.
She said: “I grew up with the Alice in Wonderland story and it just makes me happy, which is why I chose it to be the foundation of my designs.
“I usually stick to painting, so this was a chance for me to branch out and do something a little different.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is available to view during the cinema’s open hours and runs until Wednesday April 18.
Visit www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog