Wisbech college students exhibit art and design work at Light Cinema
- Credit: Archant
Art and design students from the College of West Anglia (CWA) are currently exhibiting work at the Light Cinema in Wisbech.
The exhibition comprises of pieces that have been inspired by film and book imagery and includes a number of art mediums such as sculpture, costume and painting.
Maggie Hodgkiss, a level 3 student, has produced work that reflects on Alice in Wonderland using collage, painting and model making.
She said: “I grew up with the Alice in Wonderland story and it just makes me happy, which is why I chose it to be the foundation of my designs.
“I usually stick to painting, so this was a chance for me to branch out and do something a little different.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is available to view during the cinema’s open hours and runs until Wednesday April 18.
Visit www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital