Wisbech church in desperate need of funds for restoration works
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech church is staging their annual Rose Fair next month, and they desperately need your support.
St Peter's Church requires its roof and some masonry to be restored to its former glory, whereby costs have spiked to nearly £250,000.
Plans to create space for a new kitchen, toilets and an art exhibition are also in the pipeline.
Already, there have been efforts to raise this amount and a grant from The Heritage Lottery Fund has been approved, if church users are able to match the grant total.
For the next three years, all profits from the Rose Fair will be ploughed into restoring the church ready for the 21st-century.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers have been helping with the Rose Fair since 1963 by preparing a range of food for churchgoers whilst arranging flowers for the public to admire.
The Rose Fair takes place between July 3-6, whereby bus services from Tesco on Cromwell Road will run every 40 minutes.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
The church is seeking more volunteers to help carry out additional fundraising events as part of the restoration works.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.