Winter wonderland around the streets of Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland came to Wisbech when a Christmas market was held in the town centre.
Visitors to the fayre enjoyed a host of seasonal sensations including roasted chestnuts, hot chocolate baileys liquor and a live brass band playing Christmas music.
There was a wide range of stalls offering quality gifts and plenty of seasonal food to tempt taste buds.
Santa and his reindeers were in his grotto giving out gifts to children and a mini train gave rides around the town centre streets.
Organisers of the event said on their Facebook page: “Thanks to the Horsefair Shopping Centre sponsorship and the hard work of King’s Lynn and District SME - Lynnsport Miniature Railway - children enjoyed free miniature train rides all day on Market Street.”
You may also want to watch:
The Castle Cafe was also open for refreshments .
One visitor said: “Lovely to see so many folk enjoying themselves. Well done to the whole team of volunteers.”
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
Another commented: “Brilliant atmosphere and great for business. Well done to all involved in making Wisbech a place to enjoy, great to see everyone being festive and busy.”