Winter wonderland around the streets of Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A winter wonderland came to Wisbech when a Christmas market was held in the town centre.
Visitors to the fayre enjoyed a host of seasonal sensations including roasted chestnuts, hot chocolate baileys liquor and a live brass band playing Christmas music.
There was a wide range of stalls offering quality gifts and plenty of seasonal food to tempt taste buds.
Santa and his reindeers were in his grotto giving out gifts to children and a mini train gave rides around the town centre streets.
Organisers of the event said on their Facebook page: “Thanks to the Horsefair Shopping Centre sponsorship and the hard work of King’s Lynn and District SME - Lynnsport Miniature Railway - children enjoyed free miniature train rides all day on Market Street.”
You may also want to watch:
The Castle Cafe was also open for refreshments .
One visitor said: “Lovely to see so many folk enjoying themselves. Well done to the whole team of volunteers.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
Another commented: “Brilliant atmosphere and great for business. Well done to all involved in making Wisbech a place to enjoy, great to see everyone being festive and busy.”