Wisbech care manager Margaret celebrates 40 years of service with afternoon tea at Somers Court in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech care managercelebrated 40 years of service in the industry with an afternoon tea where she was joined by family members, staff and residents.
Margaret Green, who works for Radis, started her career at Cambridgeshire Council in 1977 providing home care and weekend support.
She worked her way up to care assistant before joining Somers Court - an extra care housing scheme for older people with a round the clock on-site care team – in 1997.
In July 2013, she joined Radis Community Care, who now deliver on site care to residents at Somers Court.
She completed her NVQ care management qualification and became service manager, now managing the care team.
Margaret said: “I’m delighted to have worked in this industry for 40 years. It wouldn’t have been possible if I didn’t have such fantastic support from all the teams I’ve worked with.
“The event was truly special and I’m very thankful to everyone involved with organising such a great event.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
“It was lovely to be surrounded by my family, work colleagues and residents.”
Mike Padgham, communications director for Radis Community Care, which has branches across England and Wales, said: “I would like to congratulate Margaret for her service and dedication to her role over the last 40 years. It’s a remarkable achievement.
“People are extremely important and vital to sustaining the quality of service we give.”
The celebratory event took place on Thursday, September 21, at Somers Court where Margaret’s family members, staff and residents enjoyed afternoon tea.
Steve Barclay MP congratulated Margaret on her service and said: “May I take this opportunity to offer you my congratulations on this fantastic achievement and thank you for your service to the community.”
Somers Court was awarded a ‘good’ rating by the Care Quality Commission earlier this year.