Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech opens doors for Royal Wedding celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech care home got into the Royal Wedding spirit by opening its doors for the local community to join the celebrations.
Staff, residents and families at Lyncroft Care Home on Clarkson Avenue hosted an afternoon tea to mark the occasion.
The staff and residents also took part in games and activities, had a BBQ in the garden, and enjoyed some singing, live music and dancing.
Jan Davison, home manager for Lyncroft Care Home, said: “All our residents and families had such a wonderful day celebrating the Royal Wedding.
“We were also delighted to welcome lots of local people in, who came along to watch the event with us. “This was a wonderful opportunity to show the excellent services on offer and the fantastic work that goes on at Lyncroft Care Home.
You may also want to watch:
“We are excited to invite the local people of Wisbech in again, although they are welcome to pop in, anytime.”
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home