Care home staff to receive essentials to help them during coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech will receive a ‘care package’ of more than 20 items including food, drink and basic provisions to help with day to day life during the ongoing coroanvirus pandemic.
The packages, which include toilet roll, dried and tinned goods and hand sanitiser, have been arranged courtesy of the Kachra family, owners of the Country Court group, after seeing their staff struggle to the get the provisions they needed.
A team of volunteers from the group’s head office, together with the owners of Elevate fitness studio, are spending several days sorting and packing the boxes which will be delivered to each care home for staff to take home and share with their families.
Alykhan Kachra, chief executive officer of Country Court, said: “These are very challenging times for everyone in our homes.
“Coping with the unprecedented changes to everyday life is difficult enough and we have been humbled by the great strength people have shown turning up to the workplace and taking on the additional responsibility of keeping our residents safe every single day”.
You may also want to watch:
“As the pressure on buying everyday goods has increased, we see our teams across the company struggling to strike a balance between delivering their part in the overall care service and adapting at home. We hope that this will go some way to making life a little bit easier for them”.
Abdul Kachra, chairman of Country Court, said: “We are a family business and our staff are very much part of our extended family.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
“We wanted to do something to acknowledge all of them for all the hard work, compassion and dedication that they show every day in our homes”.
The Country Court group operates 32 nursing and care homes which are working to support elderly people throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
Founded in 1983, it is a family-run business to this day, with the company philosophy “Our family caring for yours” at the heart of every home.