Care home staff to receive essentials to help them during coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech will receive a ‘care package’ of more than 20 items including food, drink and basic provisions to help with day to day life during the ongoing coroanvirus pandemic.
The packages, which include toilet roll, dried and tinned goods and hand sanitiser, have been arranged courtesy of the Kachra family, owners of the Country Court group, after seeing their staff struggle to the get the provisions they needed.
A team of volunteers from the group’s head office, together with the owners of Elevate fitness studio, are spending several days sorting and packing the boxes which will be delivered to each care home for staff to take home and share with their families.
Alykhan Kachra, chief executive officer of Country Court, said: “These are very challenging times for everyone in our homes.
“Coping with the unprecedented changes to everyday life is difficult enough and we have been humbled by the great strength people have shown turning up to the workplace and taking on the additional responsibility of keeping our residents safe every single day”.
You may also want to watch:
“As the pressure on buying everyday goods has increased, we see our teams across the company struggling to strike a balance between delivering their part in the overall care service and adapting at home. We hope that this will go some way to making life a little bit easier for them”.
Abdul Kachra, chairman of Country Court, said: “We are a family business and our staff are very much part of our extended family.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
“We wanted to do something to acknowledge all of them for all the hard work, compassion and dedication that they show every day in our homes”.
The Country Court group operates 32 nursing and care homes which are working to support elderly people throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
Founded in 1983, it is a family-run business to this day, with the company philosophy “Our family caring for yours” at the heart of every home.