Wisbech care home opens doors for National Care Home Open Day
- Credit: Submitted
A care home in Wisbech will be opening their doors as part of the country-wide event National Care Home Open Day.
Lyncroft Care Home on Clarkson Avenue is taking part in the national initiative on Saturday April 21, and will be opening their doors to the local community from 10am to 4pm.
A spokesman said: “The idea behind the day is to encourage local people to visit care homes in their community and to work together to develop better relationships.
“This important connection is something that Lyncroft Care Home has nurtured since being acquired by Country Court Care over a decade ago.
“Since then, Lyncroft has fast become known locally as somewhat of a community hub, hosting fairs, informational events, seminars and open days as an olive branch to the local people of Wisbech & the wider Cambridgeshire area.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the open day, Lyncroft is hosting an afternoon tea to celebrate the Queen’s birthday celebrations.
The staff and residents are also planning lots of games & activities.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Jan Davison, home manager at the care home, said: “This is a great way to show the excellent services on offer and the fantastic work that goes on at Lyncroft.
“Some people still have misconceptions about care homes, so we are keen to dispel any myths and for people to come and have a look around, meet the staff and our residents.”