Police tip off leads to arrest after ‘hidden’ cannabis factory - with plants worth up to £60,000 - being uncovered in Wisbech
- Credit: SM
A police tip off from a member of the public led to a man’s arrest and a ‘hidden’ cannabis factory with plants worth up to £60,000 being uncovered in Wisbech.
Officers discovered the cannabis factory at a house on York Road this afternoon (March 8) after concerns were raised by the public.
More than 70 cannabis plants, together with growing equipment, were seized from a hidden bedroom on the first floor of the property.
The plants are estimated to have a street value of between £20,000 and £60,000.
A 37-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and remains in police custody at the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
PC Sam Dane said: “This cannabis factory was a result of information from the public and really highlights the difference people make in notifying us of suspicious activity in their area.
“The public are often our eyes and ears and can really help us make a genuine difference by reporting information to us.”
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
To report any suspicious activity call police on 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.