Police tip off leads to arrest after ‘hidden’ cannabis factory - with plants worth up to £60,000 - being uncovered in Wisbech
- Credit: SM
A police tip off from a member of the public led to a man’s arrest and a ‘hidden’ cannabis factory with plants worth up to £60,000 being uncovered in Wisbech.
Officers discovered the cannabis factory at a house on York Road this afternoon (March 8) after concerns were raised by the public.
More than 70 cannabis plants, together with growing equipment, were seized from a hidden bedroom on the first floor of the property.
The plants are estimated to have a street value of between £20,000 and £60,000.
A 37-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and remains in police custody at the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
PC Sam Dane said: “This cannabis factory was a result of information from the public and really highlights the difference people make in notifying us of suspicious activity in their area.
“The public are often our eyes and ears and can really help us make a genuine difference by reporting information to us.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
To report any suspicious activity call police on 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.