Wisbech Museum hosts Wisbech & District Camera Club meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Museum was the venue for Wisbech & District Camera Club this week courtesy of The Curator.
It was a special evening as it was the opening of the club’s own annual exhibition, which is open to the public until April 30 during normal museum opening hours.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Steve Tierney, officiated with the opening of the event.
The Mayor was also asked if he would go around the exhibition and pick his favourite image.
The winning image selected was ‘Dumped’ by Cliff Marsh LRPS.CPAGB.
You may also want to watch:
Club secretary and former mayor David Hodgson DPAGB.BPE3* thanked Cllr Tierney on behalf of the club as club chairman Roger Newark LRPS.CPAGB. was away on holiday.
The club meetings are every Monday evening at 7.30pm from September to May at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
“Our aim is to enhance the enjoyment of photography by further developing skills, appreciation and understanding of the art for all of its members regardless of experience,” said a club spokesman.
Visit http://www.wisbechcameraclub.co.uk/ for more information about the camera club.