Wisbech Air Cadets get new equipment thanks to generous donations from Lions
- Credit: Archant
More than £700 has been donated to the Wisbech Royal Air Force Air Cadets for new rucksacks and folding stoves.
The equipment will be used by the cadets in the field and on Duke of Edinburgh expeditions.
The donation comes from fundraising efforts by the Wisbech Lions, who have a proud tradition of supporting local young people.
Activities undertaken by the Air Cadets are varied, with all practical elements supported by appropriate training and supervision.
These include aircraft recognition, camping, drill, first aid, flying, gliding, map reading exercises, shooting sport and preparation for the various levels of DofE.
You may also want to watch:
Lion president Chris Gay handed over the cheque to Flight Lieutenant Anne Rose.
The Wisbech Lions wished them all the best and hoped many Cadets will sign up to their WW1 competition with extended deadline to 31st December 2018. Further details for this can be obtained from Lion Alan Edmunds on 07595 288379.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
If you are interested in becoming a cadet, then please phone 01945 587251 or email email@example.com