Wisbech Air Cadets get new equipment thanks to generous donations from Lions
- Credit: Archant
More than £700 has been donated to the Wisbech Royal Air Force Air Cadets for new rucksacks and folding stoves.
The equipment will be used by the cadets in the field and on Duke of Edinburgh expeditions.
The donation comes from fundraising efforts by the Wisbech Lions, who have a proud tradition of supporting local young people.
Activities undertaken by the Air Cadets are varied, with all practical elements supported by appropriate training and supervision.
These include aircraft recognition, camping, drill, first aid, flying, gliding, map reading exercises, shooting sport and preparation for the various levels of DofE.
You may also want to watch:
Lion president Chris Gay handed over the cheque to Flight Lieutenant Anne Rose.
The Wisbech Lions wished them all the best and hoped many Cadets will sign up to their WW1 competition with extended deadline to 31st December 2018. Further details for this can be obtained from Lion Alan Edmunds on 07595 288379.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
If you are interested in becoming a cadet, then please phone 01945 587251 or email email@example.com