Wisbech cadet shows sporting flair in two separate competitions
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH cadet achieved the rare feat of representing her Wing in two separate sports.
Cadet Maddie Callaghan, 16, from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, represented the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing at both Inter Wing Hockey and Netball competitions held at RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire.
She helped the inter-wing hockey team finish second in their competition, picking up a silver medal and a coveted ‘Wing Blue’ in the process.
The netball team finished fifth in their competition.
Civilian Instructor Laura Nixon said: “Cadet Callaghan has only been with the squadron for nine months and it is quite a feat for her to be representing the Wing at two different sports.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first time in a several years that a cadet has represented the wing at two different team sports.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller