Wisbech cadet shows sporting flair in two separate competitions
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH cadet achieved the rare feat of representing her Wing in two separate sports.
Cadet Maddie Callaghan, 16, from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, represented the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing at both Inter Wing Hockey and Netball competitions held at RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire.
She helped the inter-wing hockey team finish second in their competition, picking up a silver medal and a coveted ‘Wing Blue’ in the process.
The netball team finished fifth in their competition.
Civilian Instructor Laura Nixon said: “Cadet Callaghan has only been with the squadron for nine months and it is quite a feat for her to be representing the Wing at two different sports.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first time in a several years that a cadet has represented the wing at two different team sports.”
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began