Wisbech cadet shows sporting flair in two separate competitions
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH cadet achieved the rare feat of representing her Wing in two separate sports.
Cadet Maddie Callaghan, 16, from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, represented the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing at both Inter Wing Hockey and Netball competitions held at RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire.
She helped the inter-wing hockey team finish second in their competition, picking up a silver medal and a coveted ‘Wing Blue’ in the process.
The netball team finished fifth in their competition.
Civilian Instructor Laura Nixon said: “Cadet Callaghan has only been with the squadron for nine months and it is quite a feat for her to be representing the Wing at two different sports.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first time in a several years that a cadet has represented the wing at two different team sports.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 10 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star