Wisbech cadet earns promotion
- Credit: Archant
A FENLAND cadet’s tireless work has been rewarded with a promotion.
Cadet Corporal Ross Chadney, of 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, has been promoted to the rank of Cadet Sergeant in recognition of his academic skills and leadership ability.
Ross was presented with his rank slides on final parade by Officer in Charge, 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, Flying Officer Colin Arnold.
He said: “I can’t stop smiling. I am so pleased that I have reached the rank of Sergeant.”
This year he was the Squadron Cadet representative at the Wing Commanders dining out night and has also represented 272 at athletics and cross country.
You may also want to watch:
He will lead the Drill Team at the Wing Field weekend.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in