Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club induct new chairman for 2018
- Credit: Archant
Thirty five members attended Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club’s annual meeting held at Mendi’s Wisbech on Wednesday January 10.
During the evening Tony Yates owner of Lodge Joinery was inducted as the new chairman for 2018.
The outgoing chairman Martin Eggett thanked his officers, committee and members for their support during his year of office.
It was a year of excellent speakers and also included his chairman at home. A ladies night, go kart racing, annual golf day, boat trip on the Broads, ten pin
bowling and the Annual Grand Ball. Tony Yates then presented Martin Eggett with his past chairman’s badge.
You may also want to watch:
Officers elected for 2018 are: chairman Tony Yates, treasuer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, secretary David Bruch, press secretary Peter Dennis, joint speaker finders David Hodgson and Derrick Holmes.
Committe members elected were Michael Bates, Roy Duff, John Groom, Robin Harnwell, Brian Kierman and David Patrick.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
Tony Yates then gave details of this year’s speakers and outlined some of the events he had planned for the coming year.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday February 14 when Martin Eggett will present a cheque to Meadowgate Academy, his chosen
charity during his year of office