Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club induct new chairman for 2018
- Credit: Archant
Thirty five members attended Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club’s annual meeting held at Mendi’s Wisbech on Wednesday January 10.
During the evening Tony Yates owner of Lodge Joinery was inducted as the new chairman for 2018.
The outgoing chairman Martin Eggett thanked his officers, committee and members for their support during his year of office.
It was a year of excellent speakers and also included his chairman at home. A ladies night, go kart racing, annual golf day, boat trip on the Broads, ten pin
bowling and the Annual Grand Ball. Tony Yates then presented Martin Eggett with his past chairman’s badge.
You may also want to watch:
Officers elected for 2018 are: chairman Tony Yates, treasuer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, secretary David Bruch, press secretary Peter Dennis, joint speaker finders David Hodgson and Derrick Holmes.
Committe members elected were Michael Bates, Roy Duff, John Groom, Robin Harnwell, Brian Kierman and David Patrick.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
Tony Yates then gave details of this year’s speakers and outlined some of the events he had planned for the coming year.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday February 14 when Martin Eggett will present a cheque to Meadowgate Academy, his chosen
charity during his year of office