Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club induct new chairman for 2018
- Credit: Archant
Thirty five members attended Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club’s annual meeting held at Mendi’s Wisbech on Wednesday January 10.
During the evening Tony Yates owner of Lodge Joinery was inducted as the new chairman for 2018.
The outgoing chairman Martin Eggett thanked his officers, committee and members for their support during his year of office.
It was a year of excellent speakers and also included his chairman at home. A ladies night, go kart racing, annual golf day, boat trip on the Broads, ten pin
bowling and the Annual Grand Ball. Tony Yates then presented Martin Eggett with his past chairman’s badge.
Officers elected for 2018 are: chairman Tony Yates, treasuer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, secretary David Bruch, press secretary Peter Dennis, joint speaker finders David Hodgson and Derrick Holmes.
Committe members elected were Michael Bates, Roy Duff, John Groom, Robin Harnwell, Brian Kierman and David Patrick.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
Tony Yates then gave details of this year’s speakers and outlined some of the events he had planned for the coming year.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday February 14 when Martin Eggett will present a cheque to Meadowgate Academy, his chosen
charity during his year of office