Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club induct new chairman for 2018
- Credit: Archant
Thirty five members attended Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club’s annual meeting held at Mendi’s Wisbech on Wednesday January 10.
During the evening Tony Yates owner of Lodge Joinery was inducted as the new chairman for 2018.
The outgoing chairman Martin Eggett thanked his officers, committee and members for their support during his year of office.
It was a year of excellent speakers and also included his chairman at home. A ladies night, go kart racing, annual golf day, boat trip on the Broads, ten pin
bowling and the Annual Grand Ball. Tony Yates then presented Martin Eggett with his past chairman’s badge.
You may also want to watch:
Officers elected for 2018 are: chairman Tony Yates, treasuer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, secretary David Bruch, press secretary Peter Dennis, joint speaker finders David Hodgson and Derrick Holmes.
Committe members elected were Michael Bates, Roy Duff, John Groom, Robin Harnwell, Brian Kierman and David Patrick.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
Tony Yates then gave details of this year’s speakers and outlined some of the events he had planned for the coming year.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday February 14 when Martin Eggett will present a cheque to Meadowgate Academy, his chosen
charity during his year of office