Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club induct four honorary members
- Credit: Archant
Four long-serving members of the Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club were made honarary members at the group’s December meeting.
Vice-chairman Michael Bates welcomed 39 members and guests to the traditional Christmas dinner held at Mendi's.
The club then proposed that David Hodgson, Tim Gower, Gerald Harnwell and Brian Kett be made honorary members due to their long years of membership.
During the evening it was announced that Rick Wilson won the men's ten pin bowling. Dawn Blunden, meanwhile, won the ladies competition at the annual event which was organised by David Patrick.
The entertainment for the evening was comedian Martin Gold, who is a warm-up comedian for many TV shows.
You may also want to watch:
Martin has appeared at venues including The London Palladium. He has also twice been voted by The Variety Club the comedian of the year.
He had members in stitches of laughter with his brilliant clean act. He was thanked by member Terry Hawkins.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
The next meeting in 2020 will be the annual meeting on January 8 when John Groom will induct Michael Bates as the new chairman.