Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club induct four honorary members
- Credit: Archant
Four long-serving members of the Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club were made honarary members at the group’s December meeting.
Vice-chairman Michael Bates welcomed 39 members and guests to the traditional Christmas dinner held at Mendi's.
The club then proposed that David Hodgson, Tim Gower, Gerald Harnwell and Brian Kett be made honorary members due to their long years of membership.
During the evening it was announced that Rick Wilson won the men's ten pin bowling. Dawn Blunden, meanwhile, won the ladies competition at the annual event which was organised by David Patrick.
The entertainment for the evening was comedian Martin Gold, who is a warm-up comedian for many TV shows.
You may also want to watch:
Martin has appeared at venues including The London Palladium. He has also twice been voted by The Variety Club the comedian of the year.
He had members in stitches of laughter with his brilliant clean act. He was thanked by member Terry Hawkins.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
The next meeting in 2020 will be the annual meeting on January 8 when John Groom will induct Michael Bates as the new chairman.