Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club welcome new chairman and announce events
- Credit: Archant
Thirty-four members of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club attended the group’s annual general meeting held at Mendi’s on January 11.
Outgoing chairman Michael Bates thanked all the members for their support during his tenure and another successful year.
The Wisbech Alzheimer’s Society will receive a cheque from the club at the February meeting as they were the chosen charity for the month.
Martin Eggett will be the new chairman for 2017 and was presented with his chain of office. Michael Bates was presented with his past chairman’s badge and Tony Yates with his chain of offer as vice chairman.
Martin Eggett briefed the club of what he has planned for the year, including his chairman at home luncheon on May 21, race night to include the ladies on August 9 and the annual boat trip on the broads on August 18.
You may also want to watch:
He also announced that the annual ball will take place on October 7, with Cambridgeshire Police & Crime Commissioner Councillor Jason Ablewhite booked as one of the speakers. Former Leeds, Notts Forest, Blackburn & Chelsea footballer Duncan McKenzie and auctioneer from the BBC’s Bargain Hunt Charles Hanson will also be at the ball.
Meadowgate School in Wisbech is this year’s chosen charity.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
Officers elected were chairman Martin Eggett, vice chairman Tony Yates, secretary David Bruch, treasurer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, press secretary Peter Dennis, speaker finder Derrick Holmes assisted by David Hodgson.
Committee members elected were Michael Bates, Roy Duff, Robin Harnwell, Colin Harvey, Derrick Holmes, Brian Kierman, David Patrick.
A charity presentation night will take place on Wednesday February 8.