Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club welcome new chairman and announce events
- Credit: Archant
Thirty-four members of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club attended the group’s annual general meeting held at Mendi’s on January 11.
Outgoing chairman Michael Bates thanked all the members for their support during his tenure and another successful year.
The Wisbech Alzheimer’s Society will receive a cheque from the club at the February meeting as they were the chosen charity for the month.
Martin Eggett will be the new chairman for 2017 and was presented with his chain of office. Michael Bates was presented with his past chairman’s badge and Tony Yates with his chain of offer as vice chairman.
Martin Eggett briefed the club of what he has planned for the year, including his chairman at home luncheon on May 21, race night to include the ladies on August 9 and the annual boat trip on the broads on August 18.
You may also want to watch:
He also announced that the annual ball will take place on October 7, with Cambridgeshire Police & Crime Commissioner Councillor Jason Ablewhite booked as one of the speakers. Former Leeds, Notts Forest, Blackburn & Chelsea footballer Duncan McKenzie and auctioneer from the BBC’s Bargain Hunt Charles Hanson will also be at the ball.
Meadowgate School in Wisbech is this year’s chosen charity.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
Officers elected were chairman Martin Eggett, vice chairman Tony Yates, secretary David Bruch, treasurer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, press secretary Peter Dennis, speaker finder Derrick Holmes assisted by David Hodgson.
Committee members elected were Michael Bates, Roy Duff, Robin Harnwell, Colin Harvey, Derrick Holmes, Brian Kierman, David Patrick.
A charity presentation night will take place on Wednesday February 8.