Wisbech club members enjoy archaeological talk and welcome a new member
- Credit: Archant
John Groom welcomed 59 members of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s and their lady guests to the July ladies night meeting which was held at Mendis.
During the night Edward Mann, a retired farmer, was inducted as a new member.
It was announced that the go-karting day and The Thursford Christmas show has sold out.
Bookings are now taking place for the annual ball on Saturday October 5 to be held at The Wisbech Community Centre.
The speaker for the evening was Andy Ketley from The Fenland Archaeological Society who talked about The Rumours of Wisbech Tunnels.
You may also want to watch:
He was thanked by former chairman Tony Yates.
The next meeting is on Wednesday August 14 when the speaker will be Kevin Rodgers.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
For more information about the club email email@example.com